When your pet is scheduled for a surgery appointment we will call you the day before. We do ask that your pet is fasted no food after 6pm, water is ok.
After surgery care:
- Keep your pet’s activity level to a minimum
- It takes 10-14 days for your pet to heal after surgery
- Check the incision daily. During this time the surgery site must stay clean and dry
- We send dogs home with a cone. Most cats and rabbits do not need a cone
- After surgery your cat or dog can have a small meal
- They may have symptoms such as nausea or vomiting, this should resolve by the next morning